Last week some of you had a chance to see the grid system I developed for my book. It was a long process during which I examined closely the 'folded pages' book idea I had. After creating a multiple dummies I came to a conclusion that the most impressive folded books are the art in itself. Like sculpture they are concerned with form rather than the content.

After receiving feedback from Amanda, I decided to stick to french fold style, which would be interactive if necessary. And I stick to the meaningful minimum rule. Little or none illustrations, playful typography,some textures, very little colours.

The images below show how my grid system was developed.

























The gris is literally based on 'nothing'. The word has been placed on page with a 30 degree angle. The distances between individual elements of the grid are proportional and based on the Fibonacci sequence rule. Alignement points were used to distinguish main layout areas withing the system.